faith, hope and love

Thursday, October 07, 2004

Absence makes the heart grow fonder

Vince went to Arizona last Tuesday for a Rehab Medicine convention. He won't be back till Sunday. It's been only two days, but I miss him already. Before I moved here to Chicago to be with Vince, our relationship had been a crazy, long-distance thing. We visited each other once in a while, but those visits were not enough. Thank God for technology, for without it, I don't think we'd have lasted together for four years. Late night phone calls, emails and AOL instant messages kept us close. For about a year and a half now, I have gotten used to living with him in the same city, seeing him everyday, eating dinner with him. I have learned more about him in this short span of time: his quirks, his Star Wars and Star Trek movie collections, his love for Hong Kong movies, his moods(yes he has moods.) Sure there were times when some of his habits annoyed me, but the more I learned about him, the more I grew in love with him. Now that we are once again separated by distance, I appreciate the times we've spent together even more. I can't wait for Sunday to come so I can give him a big hug.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home