faith, hope and love

Monday, December 20, 2004

Christmas Shopping in Michigan City

I am officially done with my Christmas shopping! Today, Lea and I headed to Michigan City, Indiana to the Premium Outlet. I was behind the wheel since Lea is a new driver and doesn't do much highway driving. I was grateful that it wasn't snowing on the road. I don't like driving in the snow. Of course, when we got to Michigan City, the place was covered with thick snow, and the road was barely plowed. I wish I brought a camera to take pictures of the houses covered in white. They were so beautiful, like out of a Christmas card or calendar. Lea and I couldn't help laughing at our silly selves for driving two hours to a snowy city to do our shopping.

After parking the car, we dashed to the visitor's area to get a map and a discount booklet. We stopped by the Wilson's Leather store first. Lea got a fanny pack for a mere 5 bucks. Way to go! We then headed to the gloves store ( I forgot the name) I got mittens, a neck pillow and ear muffs for Vince for less than 20 total. Lea and I then went to the Bombay store to look for a side table to match her new loveseat. She decided to buy it next time Ron comes with her. Then we went to the Vanity Fair store. I got sweaters for Ate Bay and Inang, and a nice outfit for my goddaughter, April. I also got some baby clothes for my friend's (Anne) new baby Hazel. Lea bought jackets for her skiing trip to Colorado. The store didn't sell ski pants, so we tried London Fog. I also needed a pair of ski pants, so I tried on a few. All the ski pants for women were long, so I suggested to try the youth size. We found some xl and l pairs to try on. And they fit. The best thing about it is that they're a lot cheaper than the adult size. I got mine for 12 bucks after discount was taken. Lea and I both couldn't believe our luck.

After we got our purchases, we drove back home, happy for the good deals we got. We were hungry, too so we stopped by Wendy's to get some chicken strips. As we were getting to the highway, a big semi-truck with thick snow on its roo,f sped past us. The thick snow blew onto my windshield. It seemed like an avalanche, I got so nervous that I didn't have the time to react. I just kept driving ever so slowly and used my windshield wiper to wipe off the snow. Lea said I should've honked at him. Oh well, it was too late by then.

We got home safely after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home