faith, hope and love

Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Happy Birthday, My Love

Today is Vince's birthday. I picked him up from the hospital and we went to Chinatown for dimsum.(Yeah, how romantic!) I told him I didn't have a gift for him. But I have a surprise for him that he will receive by the end of this year. I can't say any more details because he probably reads my blog.

I thank God for bringing Vince into this world and into my life. And I thank his parents for bringing him up the way they did. He loves his family and is very close with this siblings. Not a day will go by without him talking to his brothers, his sister or his nephews and nieces.

He has an appetite for learning. Sometimes I complain that he is always reading his medical books, but I do admire him for wanting to know more, for wanting to be the best doctor that he can be. He is dedicated not just to his own career, but to the whole residency program in which he is a chief resident. He worries about his co-residents' learning and always aims to improve the program for future residents.

I have never seen a more patient, more gentle and kinder man than him (well, maybe my dad and my brother, but they don't count 'cause they're my family). Sometimes I get so amazed by what he could put up with (me, included.) His job can be so frustrating, but I seldom hear him complain about it. He sincerely cares about his patients.

He is intelligent and funny. I love being able to talk to him about movies, books, and current events. And he can talk my ear off when he starts discussing X-files and Star Wars. He always makes me laugh with his antics. He is not afraid to make fun of himself. During his internship, his friends used to tease him for being so pale and for having long hair that they called him "Michael Jackson." So, when one of our friends had a party and broke out her karaoke mic, Vince sang "Thriller" with much gusto, complete with MJ trademark, high-pitch voice. It was hilarious.

These are only few of the qualities my loveable boyfriend has. He is no saint, and sometimes he drives me nuts, but I will always feel like I don't deserve him. He is much too good for me. :)

7 Comments:

At 11:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know two people at work with the same birthday. They are go getters and born leaders.

Lucky you! And lucky him too! You both sound like the perfect couple.

 
At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy birthday to vince! the world needs people like him.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger shellybeeens said...

Thanks Marie and Pazette.

 
At 11:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger star said...

happy birthday to your vince. hey, don't say you don't deserve him. you're one of the reasons why he's such a man :)

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger shellybeeens said...

Thanks, Star. Ok, I won't say that anymore. I'd like to think that we complement each other, so I guess we deserve each other. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home