faith, hope and love

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Wedding Plans

Vince and I will fly to San Diego tomorrow to take care of some wedding stuff. We haven't checked anything off our to do list because life has been crazy lately. Aside from the move and starting new jobs, we had to wait until Vince finished taking his board exam so he didn't have to worry about studying while meeting with wedding vendors.

I can't wait to see my family and friends back home. My aunt from Oxnard, CA will be spending a week in San Diego while Vince and I are there. One of my cousins is having a party for his daughters' birthdays on Saturday. A mini-reunion for all my relatives in Cali has already been planned. I am really excited eventhough I know that going home won't really be a vacation since we have to work on our wedding plans.

So anyway, back to wedding plans. I want to do something to commemorate my late parents during my wedding ceremony or reception. I have heard of others lighting a candle in memory of their late loved ones. I am wondering if there are other creative ways I could do this. Any suggestions?

8 Comments:

At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi shelly! i think carrying something that's dear to your late mother like jewelry, handkerchief, locket etc., is special since you have it close to you on your wedding day!

 
At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lighting a candle is a great way to remember your parents by. i was going to suggest having a song dedicated to your parents during the ceremony or reception but then you might cry! so scratch that. paz's suggestion is great too.

we were supposed to attend a girl's birthday party in san diego this saturday too but we had to decline. i hope you guys have a fun and productive visit in san diego!

 
At 7:44 PM, Blogger shellybeeens said...

hi monet: i think the avp would make me cry as well.

paz: that's a great idea. I'll definitely consider that

marie: thanks, i am having fun. we haven't accomplished much. we've seen about four sites so far, and nothing really that we're both thrilled about. hopefully we get to find a place that we really like before we go back home.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Marj and Carlos said...

Hi Shelly. When and where are you getting married nga pala. The lighting of the candle sounds great. Maybe you can do it during the reception.

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger shellybeeens said...

hi marj, i'm getting married in san diego next year. no date yet.

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger marikit said...

a flower offering maybe? or a mention of your late parents during your speech? adding a few pictures of your parents on your avp? wear a locket or necklace given by your parents?

all the best on your preps, shelly.

 
At 5:03 AM, Blogger lengirl said...

an avp would be nice, maybe starting from their pictures down to your pictures with vince, much like a new beginning taking off from a legacy of love they left behind. yun nga lang it may cause tears but it will end on a happy, hopeful note :)

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger shellybeeens said...

hi tin and len: thanks for your suggestions. i think i will do the avp with their pictures, so that people who don't know them will at least get a glimpse of what they looked like.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home