faith, hope and love

Monday, May 02, 2005

Doctor Appointments

Last week, I called my doctor's office to make an appointment for an initial check up. The person who picked up the phone did not introduce herself. After she took down my information such as name and insurance( I am a new patient) and scheduled me for the next day's appointment, I asked her if the doctor could also do a pap on me. She said, "yes, I can do that." I got a little confused because usually the Medical Receptionist or the Nurse take down appointments, so I asked, "Are you a Nurse Practitioner or a Physician Assistant?", since some doctors hire NP or PA to do some of their tasks. Then the lady said, "No, this is Dr. G." Ooops. I was impressed, though. Not many doctors answer their office calls or schedule their appointments.

4 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow! a doctor who answers the phone! rare, indeed!

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger shellybeeens said...

paz: she has medical assistants and clerks.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger marikit said...

hope your trip to the doctor turned out fine, shelly.

*your name reminds me of the movie steel magnolias.

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm impressed too that your doctor is not above answering phones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home