faith, hope and love

Saturday, June 26, 2004

Calling In Sick

As much as I dread going to work these days, I hate having to call in sick. When I called the unit yesterday to tell that I wouldn't be able to work today, Ate Ermie,who was the charge nurse yesterday, told me, "I told you, you should have called in sick a long time ago. You are a stubborn little girl. Go take a rest." So I did. I stayed home, did not talk to anyone and rested my voice. I felt a little better but this annoying cough would not leave me. I am almost finished with the cough syrup I bought a week ago. I hate being sick!

It's a beautiful day outside, but I can't go out. First, I don't want to push myself too far. I am just starting to feel better. Second, what if any one of my co-workers sees me and asks me, "aren't you sick? aren't you supposed to be resting?" I just hate being sick when it's a beautiful day outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home