faith, hope and love

Monday, August 28, 2006

Rude Telemarketers

I usually screen calls because eventhough I signed up for no call list, I still get calls from those companies with which I do business, such as the phone, insurance, car,etc. This morning, I was expecting a call from my aunt in California. Her phone number is set for private that whenever she calls, my caller ID says out of area. When the phone rang and the caller ID said "out of area" I answered it thinking it was my aunt. The woman on the other line said, "I am calling to notify you that your car warranty will soon expire...." Great! I thought, this would take time. So I politely interrupted her and said that I was sorry because I didn't have time. And what did she say? She snapped at me saying, "Well don't answer your phone if you don't have the time." Then hung up on me. Gee, I wonder how she got into that business with that kind of attitude. First of all, she didn't identify herself and which company she was working for, and second she was rude. Well, good luck to her, there are more people who I'm sure don't have the time to talk to her and don't appreciate having their mornings disrupted. I know it's a source of income for some people, but telemarketing really annoys me, especially when the telemarketer is rude like the one I encountered a few minutes ago.

6 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger MrsPartyGirl said...

i hate them, too. i asked hubby to cut off our landline a while back nga kasi we were getting calls left and right (to think, unlisted pa kami sa phonebook niyan!). first of all, wala naman akong pera pambili :P. and second of all, i don't like dealing with them kasi (you're right) they can be really rude sometimes. :P

 
At 12:20 AM, Blogger V-Hume said...

A polite telemarketer is an oxymoron.

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

caller id helps, whenever it's 1-800 # or unknown - we never pick up the phone! sorry, relatives (that may be calling from overseas - LOL!)!

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger shellybeeens said...

hehehe meeya, i know ako rin wala naman akong pera, ako pa ang binebentahan.

yeah, v. so annoying.

paz, i always check the caller id too. sometimes, i wait until the answering picks up and the caller leaves a message, then i answer if i know who it is.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger V-Hume said...

To stop the phone from ringing, what you do is answer the phone and tell them that whoever they're asking for isn't home and that you're not the head of the household.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger shellybeeens said...

oh you mean, i shouldn't pass it on to whoever they are asking for?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home