faith, hope and love

Saturday, July 08, 2006

A week Before the Big Day

****Since I arrived to San Diego a week ago, I have been busy running around trying to finish wedding details. I need to finish off the seating arrangements, make the out-of-town bags, the ceremony schedule and more. The programs that are yet to be finished are sitting in a basket. My lovely nieces, who are my bridesmaids, have been helping me all along. Aileen and Annette were dutiful workers who never complained of what I asked them to do. Yesterday, we finished boxing the favors in an hour and a half. They must have thought, "Auntie has gone bridezilla!", when I asked them to make sure the ribbons are in the middle of the boxes. Later on, I let go of my perfectionist nature. Inside, I really want to redo all those boxes, which ribbons are not perfectly applied. But at this point, I have no energy nor time to do that. Who is going to notice? (maybe my friends Notch and Lea will, but they are so OC they will notice every minute detail, anyway.) Besides, our wedding is not about the favors nor the programs. In a week, I am going to marry my bestfriend for almost six years. And as long as I am married to Vince at the end of the day, nothing else matters.

****Maybe it's because I haven't been sleeping long enough, but I haven't had any wedding nightmares. They say brides get wedding nightmares when the wedding comes close. My dear friend, Ate B, who is almost like my mother, told me that she's had a dream about my wedding. I don't remember the details of the dream. I find it funny that she had to have the dreams for me.

****I can't wait for Vince to be here. His flight arrives tonight at 6pm. My brother will pick him up at the airport because tonight is my wedding shower. The shower is supposed to be just a bridal shower, but it just might end up being a joint shower. We'll see.

4 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Blogger lengirl said...

good to know you're being a little more laidback, it's true what you said about how saying i do to your bestfriend is what really, really matters. i'm sure you'll be a radiant bride! congratulations and best wishes!

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger star said...

congratulations and best wishes!! show us pictures please :) enjoy your wedding day (and night .. wink!) and cheers for more days of love and laughter.

 
At 12:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo! one more week to go, erm 6 more days nalang pala. how was the shower? looking forward to your wedding day pics. take care and best wishes!

 
At 3:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck, shelly! best wishes and congratulations to both of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home