faith, hope and love

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Last weekend, Vince and I were in Chicago for his monthly haircut. (Yes, he's that crazy about his hairstylist.) We wanted to spend time in our old neighborhood and relive our Chicago days for the weekend. We had plans of walking to the nearby mall and bookstore, eat at our favorite crepe cafe in the neighborhood and pretend we're still locals. . So we decided to stay at the Inn of Lincoln Park which was two blocks from where we used to live. The room we were given was tiny but that didn't matter to me because all I wanted was a place to sleep and shower. The room itself was clean but the whole building and the hallways smelled musty. There were noise problems, too, since this small inn was nestled on Diversey Parkway amidst the hustle and bustle of the Lincoln Park neighborhood.

Our first day, after Vince got his haircut, we checked in, parked the car and left our luggages in our room. Then we went out to walk in the old neighborhood. I was able to get my eyebrows waxed at this asian salon on Broadway and Diversey that I used to frequent. I love how the girls here do my eyebrows, not too skinny, but just enough to make them look clean and polished. Vince went to Borders bookstore while I was at the salon. I met with him after. We stayed at the bookstore reading until we both got tired and hungry. For dinner, we went to Chinatown to get our favorite noodle soup from Seven Treasures.

The next day, we woke up early to go to this Turkish crepe place. I love the ambiance in this tiny breakfast place. And their crepes are light and yummy. The mint tea I ordered kept me warm. During summer days, I like to order their green tea ice-cream, as well. After breakfast, we headed back to Indianapolis. Our weekend of pretending to be local Chicago residents was over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home