faith, hope and love

Friday, December 30, 2005

Happy New Year

It was my mom's superstition or tradition that every new year our house should be immaculately spotless for the new year to bring blessings. I have followed that tradition, cleaning and organizing every nook and cranny of my place, ever since I can remember. Not because I believe this will bring me blessings. I just like the idea of welcoming the New Year with a clean house and a clear mind. This year however, I have failed. My kitchen and bathrooms are clean. The living room and dining area are somewhat clean. But my desk, oh my mom would have a massive heart attack if she could see this now. I was telling Vince about this superstition, and he said Chinese believe in that too. So he said not to worry, because I could go by the Chinese New Year. Hehehe, that means I have until January 28 to clean up my desk.

And since the end of 2005 is near, I welcome the 2006 with a few goals (I listed them in no particular order:


  • Keep my desk clean and clutter-free.
  • Get married without losing my sanity.
  • Read at least one book a month.
  • Make every effort to find at least one new friend in Indianapolis.
  • Take more pictures. Maybe take some lessons.
  • Learn at least one Chinese and/or Filipino dish this year.
  • Be more organized.
Happy New Year everyone.

2 Comments:

At 9:29 AM, Blogger star said...

happy new year, shelly! it's been a nice journey with you, sis, with your stories and pictures and all. until the coming years... cheers! :)

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi shelly! i like you're goals - they're realistically achievable!

happy new year to you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home