faith, hope and love

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I am a Domestic Diva

To my surprise, my day today has gone quite productively. As soon as I finished my breakfast, I loaded four buckets of laundry. While the clothes were being washed, I vacuumed all throughout the apartment and cleaned the two bathrooms. After the laundry dried, I did the ironing. Then this afternoon, I made stuffed mushrooms and baked salmon for dinner. Wow, move over, June Cleaver!!!

On the wedding front, I got a hold of an old friend of my dad's. I was so happy to talk to her. I have a picture of her taken on my first birthday. She was beautiful, fair, skinny with long straight hair. She was wearing a miniskirt and platform shoes. Yes, it was in the 70's. :) I also remember her visiting us when I was about 3. She came over to our house with her American husband. She had a polaroid camera with her and took pictures of me and my childhood playmate, Darwin. I remember watching in awe, as our pictures formed on the polaroid film. My little three-year-old mind thought it was magic. I digressed. Anyway, she works at a flowershop in California. She said she would help me with the flowers and decorations. And she told me that I still have enough time to decide on this. So, at least I am not as stressed as I was earlier.

However, I am a little nervous about my dress. I called Belle Vie earlier to ask if I could get a swatch of my dress. My dad's friend said she needed to know what color my dress would be to make sure the flowers will match. She said, some white dresses don't look good with some flowers. Anyway, my consultant wasn't working this afternoon, but the lady I spoke with said that she could send me the swatch. I made sure she was going to send the pearl white swatch that I ordered my dress in. But she had this confused voice saying that my wedding receipt said I ordered it in white white. I looked at my copy and it said, pearl white, while she said that the pearl was crossed out and white was written above it. She said she will contact my consultant, S about it and will get in touch with me. I just hope everything is how it's supposed to be. I am not stressing about it. I am not stressing about it. I am not stressing about it.

6 Comments:

At 11:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh shelly, good luck! just focus, don't get all flustered and you'll enjoy every single moment of more planning days ahead!

 
At 8:00 PM, Blogger marikit said...

all the best on your wed preps, shelly! don't worry about the gown since you have your receipt as proof.

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger lengirl said...

isn't it great when you're in the mood to be a domestic diva? it's always great seeing the house clean. not to mention the calories i burn while doing house chores!

naku, wedding preps! brings back so many memories :) goodluck and don't worry, it'll all fall into place.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger shellybeeens said...

Paz: thanks. you're right, i need to focus. and maybe learn to delegate tasks to other people involved.

tin:thanks, ha. sana nga ok lang. i haven't talked to the consultant yet, but the other bridal consultant at the salon said they are working on it.

len: oo nga, it's great. sana lagi akong ganon. i usually spread out my chores, though. pag naglaundry ako ngayon, bukas naman linis. sana nga lagi akong domestic diva. hehehhe

 
At 11:37 AM, Blogger shellybeeens said...

yeah, thess, sarap ng feeling.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger V-Hume said...

"Honey! I'm home! What's for dinner?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home