faith, hope and love

Monday, January 02, 2006

Dreamblog

Is this a sign that I've been reading too many blogs?

The other night I had the funniest dream. Vince took me out to a show. It was supposed to be a surprise for me. (I don't usually like surprises.) In my dream, I thought it was a musical but it turned out to be one of those Filipino variety/singing/dancing shows. The show was celebrating the birthday of one of the brightest stars in Philippine showbusiness. I was cheerfully clapping in my seat when Tin(the birthday celebrant) appeared on the stage and started singing. I proudly told Vince that Tin and I knew each other. I admired her cotton candy pink ballgown. :) Then, just like in That's Entertainment, her friends- who are also supposed to be big stars- started coming out of the backstage and began singing with her. Marie and Paz came out. Now in real life, I find these two ladies very stylish. But in my dream Marie was wearing ripped jeans and tie-dyed t-shirt while Paz was in sweat pants. No offense to those who like ripped jeans, tie-dyed shirts and sweat pants. (I myself live in jeans and sweatpants on days when I don't work) but Tin was in a gown, and it seemed inappropriate to wear these when the guest of honor is wearing a ballgown. But still in my dream, I was dying to get their outfits. Hehehe....I was starstruck!!!.

Then my dream shifted to my high school reunion. In real life, my former classmates here in the US are planning a mini reunion in March in Vegas; I won't be able to go because I will be going to San Diego that month. In December, the official reunion will be held in the Philippines which I won't be able to attend again because I plan on going there in January when my friend N gets married. So back to the dream, I was sipping martini(I don't drink) at the bar with Star and Chey(one of my former classmates in real life) while we updated one another on our lives. Hehehe, Star was my classmate? Then Tess came over to take pictures of us. And I told Tess, "Aren't you from the other school?"

Then back again to the That's Entertainment-like show, where this time, Len was hosting and she was introducing Marj as the winner of some contest for brides. Marj came out in her wedding dress and walked like a beauty queen, waving, smiling widely with tears running down her face.

Then I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock. I've never met these blog friends in person, but their faces were so vivid in my dreams. And Chey my former classmate looked the same as she did in our highschool daysl. It gave me something to smile about during my ten-minute drive to work that morning.

7 Comments:

At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha, ha! very funny dream, and ALL -STAR cast pa!

hope you had a blast celebrating new year's!

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger shellybeeens said...

paz: i think i was reading blogs before i went to bed that night.

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger star said...

hehe, that's cute. sana di bangungot sayo :) this probably means you'll be meeting all these 'stars' in the not-so-distant future.

happy new year to you and vince! :)

 
At 10:48 PM, Blogger shellybeeens said...

hey star: hindi naman bangungot. ang tangkad mo pala sa panaginip.

marie: it's been raining here, too. no snow, though. thank God.

tess: yeah, i plan to go home in Jan 2007. And of course, uuwi ako ng 'gapo. Sige kita tayo pag uwi ko. Hehehe, pwede rin naman tayong magmeet sa San Diego, eh ano? Maybe we can get together with Rhona, as well.

 
At 4:22 AM, Blogger lengirl said...

me hosting a that's-like show? yay! ehehe, ang saya naman ng panaginip na yan! wouldn't it be great if we could all meet up for real? :)

happy new year!

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger shellybeeens said...

Naku Len, pag host ka na ng show na ganyan, wag mo kong kakalimutang batiin sa tv ha. Heheheh.

 
At 11:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ngayon ko lang nabasa ito. :( grabe, blogger-studded ang dream mo. hehe.

take care!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home