faith, hope and love

Friday, March 17, 2006

The Way to Vince's Heart

I like cooking for Vince. He always eats what I prepare, not once criticizing my cooking skills or lack thereof. He always gets seconds. I can gauge how delicious the dish I prepared, by watching him get a third serving. When it's especially delicious, he would say "yummy" like a little kid after finishing his plate. And the best thing about cooking for him is that when I cook Filipino food, he can't tell how the dish is supposed to taste. He doesn't complain when something is too salty or too sweet. In fact, I am more critical of my own cooking. When I made my pork/chicken adobo a little bit salty, I just blame the recipe and say, "oh I just followed what it said. Just add more rice, so it won't taste as salty." When my sinigang got a tad too sour, I just say, "that's how I like it; some people like it less sour." So last night, when I cooked afritada for the first time, I told him it wasn't that good because it was my first time to cook the dish. He didn't say anything, but he helped himself to another serving.

1 Comments:

At 9:13 PM, Blogger V-Hume said...

Honey, I'm home! What's for dinner?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home