faith, hope and love

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Yes, This Blog Still Exists!

I know this blog has been neglected. Although there were a few things that kept me occupied this past two months, such as taking classes to keep current with my certifications for work, there's really no excuse other than I haven't feel like blogging lately. Or maybe it's because there's not much interesting news to tell or events to share. I hate to be that person who can only think and talk about her wedding plans. This is not a wedding blog, after all. But you will all have to bear with me for four more months because, unfortunately, wedding plans are all that consume me these days. You won't believe the insane amount of time I spend reading wedding blogs, devouring wedding magazines, and surfing the internet looking for wedding ideas and researching vendors. Seriously, this has got to stop.

  • My wedding dress came in last month. I went to Chicago to try it on. I didn't feel very excited about the dress when I wore it. In fact, I wish I had picked something different. Me and my ever-changing mind. The first fitting for alteration is not scheduled until April 10th. I need to start exercising because the dress is a little tight on my mid-area. I guess if I learn how to stop breathing for about 9-10 hours or not sit down or move, I'll be able to squeeze in. I don't think I gained weight, I believe the dress wasn't measured right. (yeah, i'm in denial) Oh well, I can always use Spanx.
  • To add drama to my wedding woes, my MOH who lives in cali won't be able to go with me to LA when we go BM dress shopping next week. She has to go to work and can't find anyone to switch with. I don't know why I am upset since this is not her fault. I know that she has her own life and that the world does not revolve around me and my wedding plans. But I will only be in California for a week, and V and I have a number of other meetings with our wedding vendors which I can't move just to accommodate her schedule. Waaaaaa... am I being a total bridezilla here???
  • Our wedding invitations also came in last month. Vince's dad sent them from SF. They are beautiful and traditionally "Chinese." Not something I would pick in a heartbeat. But with the price we paid for them, who could resist? Besides, invitations are not the top of our priorities.
  • We're also able to book a DJ. We'll meet with him personally when we get back home next week. He sounds really young, hip and cool. I am hoping he's not too cool for a geeky couple like us.
  • We also made appointments with the caterer and cake shop for some tastings. Yummy!!!
  • Other things to take care of: hair and make-up, florist, transportation.
There's my update. Sorry for boring you with my wedding plans.

5 Comments:

At 9:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think the daily tubs of green tea ice cream are helping any.

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger lengirl said...

hey, no worries! we come here to read what you're up to, and if it's wedding plans you're busy with, then we'd happily read :)

ay, reminds me of my own dress. looking at it in pictures now, i can't help think that it didn't turn out the way i hoped, fuller skirt sana, etc.

but whatever, the bridal glow will kick in and you'll be one radiant bride, am sure!

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the update! we're excited about your upcoming wedding too!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger shellybeeens said...

Tess, Marie and Paz: yay, four days na lang, and i'm back in San Diego. I'll have more updates when I get back.

Len: I love your wedding dress. It looks sexy and modern. Very different from most wedding dresses we see these days. I like Paz's wedding dress, too. Very unique and classic. I wish I picked something that would make me look different from other brides. Not outrageously different but something that's not strapless and a line, which is what I chose... aackkk.. Too late now

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger shellybeeens said...

anonymous(aka Vince): yeah, who finished the whole tub of green tea ice-cream, huh??? not me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home