faith, hope and love

Friday, August 04, 2006

Bummed

I am distraught and distressed. Vince and I didn't have a formal picture with my brother and my sister-in-law. We gave them a nice picture frame as thank you gift, engraved with our names, thinking that we will give them a nice picture of us all together. Looks like that was one of the pictures that were missed. It's partly my fault. Our photographers asked us for must-take list and I remember putting, S___ family instead of specifying Arnold and Loren. They put all my families together in one portrait, when I wanted it to be separate for each of my cousins' and aunts' families. During the wedding, I was so excited and nervous that I forgot and didn't realize until Vince and I were viewing the images. It may be just one picture, but it means a lot to me to have a picture of us. It's like not having pictures taken with my parents, because my brother and my sister-in-law are like my parents. They shouldered as much burden as my parents would have had if my parents were alive. There's nothing we can do, now. But I wish I could turn back the time.

2 Comments:

At 11:56 PM, Blogger Glo said...

Hi Shelly, I know what you mean about those shots. 4 photographers in Manila and not one of them captured my groom with his parents for a formal shot. Oh well. Your pictures (well the one I saw) came our really gorgeous! You looked sophicticated and radiant!

Anyway, Im back blogging...

http://lakwatsera.wordpress.com

see you there!

 
At 8:12 AM, Blogger shellybeeens said...

glad to see you back, Glo. I'll be visiting your new home at wordpress.

Our photographers were kind enough to tell us that they could do a formal portrait of Vince and me with my brother and SIL free of charge when we go back to San Diego.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home