faith, hope and love

Thursday, July 01, 2004

Taste of Chicago

Yesterday, Lea and I went to the Taste of Chicago. It was my first time to go there. Taste of Chicago is a two week long summer event held on the streets along Grant Park. This is supposed to be the world's largest food and free music festival attracting millions of visitors to Chicago each year. Because of this, traffic in Chicago is at its worst during summer time. Thus, Vince hates it, so he doesn't care for the event. I wanted to go last year, but he didn't want to go so I didn't ask. This time, I found a partner in Lea.

The afternoon crowd was not so bad, even with the nice weather we had. I guess it's busier during lunch hours/after work hours and on the weekends. The foods were not that great and seem expensive. I liked the chocolate dipped frozen banana and strawberries. I want to go back there for those:) I also had a steak sandwhich, chicken tacos and toasted raviolis. I went home with pain in my stomach. I may have gastric ulcer or something. The pain didn't go away until 1 am when I finally fell asleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home