faith, hope and love

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

New Entry

It's been a month since I last posted. This blogspot is slowly becoming a re-creation of my high school journal days.... a mere collection of "I did this, I did that." I don't know why it is so difficult for me to express my feelings and my thoughts. There's this fear that somehow writing them out or telling someone will create more troubles. And God knows I don't need any more of that. There are also times when I fear that writing my thoughts down will invite judgment and criticism from others, and worse from myself.

Tomorrow, Vince and I will be flying to Philadelphia for his brother's wedding. I am both excited and nervous. (Hahaha, as if I am the one to be married.) I am excited because this is a short vacation I really need. Nervous, because I will be seeing his whole family. This would be the third time I'll be meeting his family. I am still nervous because I want so much to fit in with them. The last two times I went to San Francisco to meet them, I was there for only a couple of days. And most of the time, Vince and I were out.

They seemed like a very nice family. Vince's grandma who passed away last year gave me a Chinese name. She didn't speak English and I couldn't say or understand a word of Chinese, and yet we seemed to have understood each other. Vince's Mom and Dad made me feel welcome in their family. Vince's brothers and sister were the friendliest people I met.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home